Saturday, January 21, 2006

A party in Chelsea

My new flatmate is a guy from Calcutta. He is very young and he's doing his MBA at the Columbia Business School. MBA life is very interesting. They have lots of socializing activities, and the most appealing are parties... On yesterday we were supposed to meet some friends of him at the Home Guest House, located at the 27th Street, in the heart of the Chelsea district. Unfortunately we had some problems in entering there, as they couldn't find the attendants list. Then we moved to glass, on the 10th Avenue. The place was nice, even if too messy and louder to me. The music was fine, and the girls too... I still have a soft headache, as I got a margarita and a moijto having eaten nothing before.




At 1,30 we were fed up of that mess, and to be honest I felt very sleepy. I still have to adapt to the time zone. There was a wonderful weather, it seemed spring. You could clearly look at the moon in the sky, and it was a wonderful sight. So we decided to walk up to the Times Square. I was with my flatmate and another guy from Russia. He is definitely crazy, but very amusing.




At Times Square we decided to take the subway to go back home. We waited around half an hour the train to come. Once on, I felt asleep until we arrived at the 145th station. This city is very controversial, and you just should put an effort to discover the hidden side. I guess that once you succeed in it, you definitely fall in love with NYC.

No comments: