Thursday, March 16, 2006

Coast 2 Coast - Part Two

We landed in San Francisco around noon. A friend of Suomen's came to pick up us at the airport. We spent the whole afternoon walking around the city and trying local food specialities.




I think the S. Francisco bay is the most fascinating landscape I saw on the Californian coast. It looks like a complex mixture of people, smells, colours, sounds.




We also run into a peculiar character playing the guitar next to the famous Ghirardelli gardens. He was a perfect ham, as he kew how to deal with people. I showed my interest, and he started speaking about the story of his life, very proud of the Italian words he knew and of having met people like Pavarotti. Well, he also was proud to have met Enrica Bonaccorti. Nevermind...




He sang an Italian song from Naples, Santa Lucia, and it was very funny to hear a song I've always been used to hear with the correct pronounce (neither Italians are able to sing it properly). I enjoyed it so much that I gave him all the change I had in my pocket. We then ketp on going around towards the edge of the sea...

No comments: